A Letter to Young People
I was reading my bible this morning and had a light bulb go off when I read,
"1 Peter 5:10 The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
One thing that comes to mind are the times in my life where I am going through difficult times. During those times, I become more loving, stronger, prayerful, humble, selfless and giving. When things are going great, I tend to be a bit more selfish, prideful, arrogant and inconsiderate. So the short answer to this question is Yes. However, some people, no matter what is going on in their life, they are usually consistent with being real nasty or real nice. Ultimately, its GOD who will call us to account for our lives and for me, I pray that I remain humble, loving, selfless and giving in season and out of season. I wan't to wear the fruits of the Holy Spirit all year round, it never is out of style! LOL..Enjoy!
Let Go and let GOD
Holding on to negativity is like constipation, letting it all go is like having a good poop. Bottling up anger, bitterness, grief, pain and despair is like constipation to your spirit. At first you feel discomfort, heavy and bloated until you get used to it; and then you forget about it until one day you realize you have cancer. Having to make a life or death decision, to cut it out or let it kill you, most people choose to have that cancer removed. However, had that person taken some natural spiritual laxatives, ( like forgiveness, repentance, humility and faithfulness), when the constipation symptoms first appeared, the cancer would have never developed. All they needed to do is allow a Spiritual "Movement"!!!
10 rules I live by
1. Be and embrace honesty: Never lie to yourself nor believe or repeat Satans lies. Be humble, have honest self evaluation and have impeccable integrity and honesty with everyone else. Similar to how aloe juice clenses and heals the body, humble honesty is like food for the soul.
2. Be reliable: I am a man of my word, I finish what i start, I do what I say I am honestly going to do and I make sure that others trust is not for granted; for I strive to meet the needs others have for me when they expect it with honest conviction.
3. Work hard: I don't stop when I am tired, i stop when I am done. Too often, we fail to achieve our objectives because we don't plan our work and work our plan. But if you notice, "WORK" is used twice in that statement. I try to be honest with myself about what I want to do, I am reliable with myself about the goals I desire to achieve.
4. Be kind: Kindness is not in words, but in action. I try to be kind by being honest with people, being reliable to people and working hard to serve others.
5. Striving for excellence: Excellence is only achieved when I am a man of integrity, reliable, hard working and kind along the way. Your body is made up of the exercise you do and what you put into your body; integrity and hardwork is like exercise for your soul.
6. Going above and beyond expectations: I try to go above and beyond expectations by not conforming to the standards of others but a standard of excellence. Not being just kind, but LOVING. Not working hard but smarter by continuously improving myself, not being just reliable with the things others expect of me but but doing more than what's expected.
7. Spend less than what I earn: Spending less than what I earn means more than being wise with my money and spending less money than i earn; it means giving more than you receive. When you pour into others, GOD pours into you! For me, it means giving more than what's expected of me, giving more than what others give me and even giving of myself where there appears to be no more to give. I call this faith giving. I save what I don't spend like Jesus and the Disciples did with the bread and fish. I do this so I have more of my time, money and love to give away, expecting nothing in return because GOD keeps me.
8. Enjoy life, I always try to laugh and enjoy life; joy comes from GOD and is not dependent on material things but on gratitude and the GODs holy spirit..
9. Be faithful. I strive to be faithful, humble, hopeful in everything I do.
10. And finally, LOVE Unconditional. To love unconditional requires faithful humility to GOD and this I strive to do. It's hard when your love and generosity is taken for granted.
Conclusion: As I have grown older, I have become more humble because life experiences has tempered my character like gold in a furnace. And the wiser I become, the more I realize how many precious minutes I wasted on foolishness! A good litmus test on life and weather or not your growing. If you can say, "If I knew then what I know now.." on a consistent basis, that means your growing. If you cant say that, then you need to make some changes, because in life, your either growing or regressing!!